ARCHIVED RACE: ARCHIVED RACE: ARCHIVED RACE: ARCHIVED RACE: ARCHIVED RACE: ARCHIVED RACE: ARCHIVED RACE: 15th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure @ Willow Island at Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI, USA on 02 June 2012

Race Info & Description

Race Information:

  • Event Name: 15th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
  • Distance (KMs): 5
  • Distance (Miles): 3.1
  • Date: 02 June 2012
  • Start Time: 08.00
  • Venue: Willow Island at Alliant Energy Center
  • Organised By: Susan G. Komen for the Cure South Central Wisconsin
  • Race Website: Click Here.

Race Facilities

  • Has Toilets? Yes
  • Has Changing Facilities? No
  • Has Water Stations? Yes
  • Has Prizes / Awards? Yes

Race Description

Join Susan G. Komen South Central Wisconsin in celebrating the 15th Annual Race for the Cure. The Race raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Race options include a 5K run/walk and a 1.25-mile walk. Registration begins at 6am with an aerobic warm-up and welcome at 8am.

Up to 75 percent of the net proceeds generated by the Race stays in the area to provide screening, treatment and education for uninsured or underinsured women and men. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>